Tuesday 13 December 2016

Sketch Penguin


Hello, hello - Karen here with the first of our ways to use the awesome Nic Squirrell's penguin file.

It's no secret that of all the facilities afforded to us by our lovely Silhouettes my absolutely favourite is using sketch pens.  So I decided that I would make the penguin file into a sketch border to complement some photos that I took of my daughter posing with the penguins at the Zoo.



You will need:-
Silhouette Cameo
Sketch Pens or Pen Holder

Making Your Sketch Penguin

  • I opened the file and selected the sections I wanted and deleted the rest. 
  • Next, drastic as it sounds, I used the knife (set to solid line) to remove his feet!


  • I then used the eraser to remove the line at the top of his feet 

  • and moved them back into position.



  • The next thing to do is to use the knife to separate his beak from his head, this time use the outline setting.

  • I then moved the beak back towards the head, there will be a slight gap either side but once the border is made this will not show. 
  • Release the sections of the drawing (under the modify window) and colour them orange and black appropriately.  Group all the parts together. 

You can now use your sketch as you wish.  I decided to use mine as a border around my page.  I mirrored my penguin and then duplicated it around the page.  Then I deleted all the beaks and feet and drew the black, removed the black replaced the orange and drew that. 

I think you will agree that this cute little penguin makes a fabulous border and I can't wait to see what our other brilliantly talented DT have done with him!






DESIGNS USED:


PRODUCTS USED:

1 comment:

  1. I love that you've used your favourite Silhouette capability for the penguin design and duplicating the element is so effective. ������

    ReplyDelete