Sunday 9 April 2017

Sketch Pens and Paint


Hey there, Niki here with you today. What do you all use your sketch pens for? Occasionally I like to draw a design, usually a title, directly onto a layout and sometimes I like a bit of sketched detail within a cut file, but other than that my sketch pens don't get much of a work out. I have however been getting into painting recently. Now I'm no artist and there's no way I'd be able to paint anything without something to copy, or to 'colour in' and that's where my sketch pens have been coming in handy lately.

On this occasion I have drawn with my sketch pens, a design I would ordinarily have cut and backfilled. Instead, I drew it directly onto a 12x12 piece of card, and coloured each section with metallic paints. If you are new to sketch pens, don't worry they couldn't be easier to use. Simply leave your cut settings on 'cut' and from the drop down list of mediums, select 'Silhouette Sketch Pens' and the software will do the rest for you. I put my speed up to 10, but that's just becuase I am impatient, and then send to Silhouette. Your design is then magically drawn onto your cardstock, rather than cut. 




I still need to work on keeping perfectly in the lines - I think I need a better paintbrush 😃

Happy scrapping xx 




Designs used:
Sectioned Heart by Simple Stories


PRODUCTS USED:


No comments:

Post a Comment