Saturday 20 May 2017

Making Stencils for Mixed Media Scrapbook Pages



Hello, hello - Karen here to tell you about my latest new crush - making disposable stencils to use just once to add mixed media accents to my scrapbook pages.

You will need:-
Card (I used pieces that had been drawn on or were a colour that  I knew I wouldn't use)
Silhouette CAMEO®
Temporary glue (I used a spray glue)
Mixed media - I used texture paste, Paper Artsy Infusions, Marion Smith Colour Lab
  • For my first stencil I chose an all over rose pattern.  I cut it from white card and used temporary adhesive to attach it to another piece of card.  

  • I sprinkled various colours of Infusions onto the cut out parts and spritzed it with water.

  • Then I carefully removed the stencil and admired the result.  


  • Next, I thought I would try some texture paste so I coloured a piece of gloss resist card with a distress ink pad.  Cut an arabesque shape, sprayed the back with temporary adhesive, placed on my page and used a spatula to smooth the paste through the holes.  Again I was very pleased with the results. 


  • Finally, inspired by the layout above, I decided to try to make some gloss resist card.  I have bought several sheets recently and the average price is £1.75 per sheet!  I cut a stencil from a piece of card and sprayed the back with temporary adhesive and attached to a piece of white card. 
  •  I then dabbed an embossing pad over the whole of the the card, removed the stencil and sprinkled clear embossing powder all over the page.  Once I had shaken off the excess I used a heat gun to set the powder.
  •  Finally, I used Marion Smith Color Lab sprays to colour the parts of the card that didn't have the embossed resist on. 
  •   I don't think this one turned out quite as I would have hoped, the embossing was a little patchy but that was down to the execution and not the technique. 


I had so much fun trying out the different techniques and have already used the texture paste and stencil one for a class I taught earlier in the month.



DESIGNS USED:




PRODUCTS USED:






No comments:

Post a Comment