Sunday 7 May 2017

Personalising Boxes and Pick and Mix Display


Hi Silhouette fans, Niki here with you today with a bit of event planning to share. I love to plan and put together an event, whether it's birthday parties for the children or a scrapbooking retreat and my Silhouette is my best friend when it comes to pulling off something beautiful.

This event is a GoGo Dayaway event, of which I now hold two per year in St Albans. I have 25 people and we all spend the weekend making a LOT of layouts and learning new things. One of the biggest things about this event is the massive kit that everyone recieves to work with over the weekend. No joke but these kits are huge. And as such, they need to be presented in something fabulous. This time I went for these gorgeous black and white 12x12 boxes by Crate Paper. They are gorgeous on the outside and even more pretty on the inside. Everyone recieved one of these to hold their kit and I personalised them all with Silver Foiled Vinyl. I used a large font that we use for all our events and cut everyone's name after welding the letters together and re-sizing so their name stretched across the width of the box. Everyone was SO happy with their boxes, no to mention all the wonderful goodies inside...



Next I had to design the Pick and Mix display. I bought pretty jars to display all the sweeties and I wanted to make them and the table look pretty.

So I went searching the Silhouette Design Store for Rosettes. I found three that I decided to go for and opened them all up on screen. I ungrouped and arranged all the bits onto my mat so I could cut lots at the same time.

I also wanted a banner to go across the table and for it to say 'Pick & Mix'. I used a pennants file from the design store and arranged it on my mat so I could cut as many out of one sheet as I could.

I then cut the letters to go on the flags.

These are the cute rosettes I made for the smaller sweetie jars...

and the banner looking beautiful...

and the larger rosetter that I stuck to the corner of the table...


Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope that whenever you next host a party or an event, that you use your Silhouette to add those personal touches and cute details.

Instagram: @nikiclaire

Designs used:


PRODUCTS USED:


No comments:

Post a Comment