Monday 8 May 2017

Turning Straight Borders into Around the Page Borders



Hello, hello, Karen here with a post about a little technique I have been wanting to try for a while now.

I have lots of straight border design files and I wanted to see if I could make them into borders that would go all around the page - and I could.


 Adapting your Border.

  • Firstly, I chose a pretty stitching file 

  • I then deleted the two designs on the right, leaving me with the simple leaf pattern.
  • Next I resized it to 11ins tall and moved it to the left of the page.
  • Then. under the REPLICATE menu I chose 'Rotate One Copy'
  • I moved the replicated shape to the top of the page and aligned it with the top of the left one.
  • I repeated the above two steps twice more to make a square, grouped all four sides and resized it to 11.5 ins.  I then centered it to the middle of the page and sent it to be cut. 

  • The final step was to stitch my border. 


I then did the same with a cut file 



and a drawing file which I then coloured in with Sharpie pens.




I was equally pleased with all three. 



DESIGNS USED:





PRODUCTS USED: 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for showing us how versatile those border files are Karen. You make beautiful layouts.

    ReplyDelete