Saturday 12 August 2017

Perfectly Imperfect - Creating a Sketch and Cut Title


Hi there! Niki here with you today with a tutorial about creating a sketch and cut title. I only have the basic edition of Silhouette Studio and therefore some of the fill options are not available to me but I have often wondered if I can achieve the same look in a different way.

So I went looking for a sketchy font and found one called Striped Block Font. I typed out my title and re-sized to a size I was happy with.

Becuase the font was already sketchy, I didn't need to fill the shapes with anything. I made them into two separate words and created a compound path for each.

I then opened up the Offset window and created an offset around the whole word and applied. I love that in the new V4 software the 'distance' goes up in increments rather than just one at a time, I find this very helpful to get the right size offset.

Once my title was created I selected the middle part of the word and set that to Tool2 and sketch pens. The outline offset I set to Tool1 and cut. I loaded my Silhouette with a blade and a sketch pen and sent the file to my Silhouette. The machine could then sketch and cut in one go.

In the end both words were a bit big for my layout so I just used the word Imperfect and added 'Perfectly' with little alphabet stickers.  I totally love how the Sketch and Cut title came out.

Thanks so much for stopping by. You don't have to use a sketched font for this, any design in the design store can be used in the same way so I'm sure you will find what you are looking for with such a big store of designs! Have fun!

My blog 'Being Scrappy'
Instagram: @Nikiclaire

DESIGNS USED:

PRODUCTS USED:


No comments:

Post a Comment