Friday 1 September 2017

Journey : Piecing and Stitching


Hi! Niki here with you today to show you how to turn a multi-pieced cut file into a something really pretty.

I started off by selecting a file of a plane.It had several different bits so was just what I was looking for.
  
To work out what was what I filled each piece with different colours. Each colour represents a different paper that I want to cut the design from, ie the two grey pieces will be cut from the same piece of patterned paper.

 Here is the design all sorted and put back together

Now I want to create an internal offset around some of the pieces so that I can create a stitch line template. I have applied an internal offset to the large piece.

Now I select the internal line and change the line style to the 3rd one down - the dashed line. When cut, this will now cut as a perforated line rather than a solid line.

I did the same with the others and re-sized the whole lot until the design was the size I wanted it.

I then separated each colour onto different sections on my mat I then arranged different papers onto the mat and cut.

Once cut I then assembled my plane onto my layout. I stitched around each piece using the internal offset stitched line and stuck the stitched pieces in place. I absolutely love the result.



 Thanks so much for joining me today and I hope you'll give this effective technique a try - it is soooo worth it.

Happy scrapping





DESIGNS USED:


PRODUCTS USED:


1 comment:

  1. Did you stitch this by hand using the holes as a your guide? It came out very cute, just wondering about the process.

    ReplyDelete