Thursday 7 September 2017

Pilot Max: Creating a Negative Block Title


Hi! Niki here today with a little tutorial on how to make this negative block title.

I started off by typing my desired letters. I used a font called Smarty Pants.



I ungrouped the letters and moved them around to give myself some more space around each letter.


I then drew a box around my letter using the rectangle tool.


 Then I opened up the Point Editing and moved some of the points of the boxes around to make them wonky. I love how this is so easy to do - literally pick up the point you want to move and drag it to where you want it.

I repeated for all letters until I had wonky boxes around each one.

I then arranged my letters next to each other - firstly so I could see how they would fit together on the layout, but also so they were close together ready to cut. I then sent to Silhouette.

Once cut I then backfilled each letter so that a different colour / pattern showed through each block and then attached to my layout.




I've super happy with the result, this was so fun to make and I loved how it turned out - give it a go!

Happy scrapping



Find me designing for Freckled Fawn, Just Nick, Hey Little Magpie, GoGo Getaway, Silhouette UK, Stick it Down, and UK Scrap Addicts. Also on my own blog: Being Scrappy and on Instagram as @nikiclaire


DESIGNS USED


PRODUCTS USED:


No comments:

Post a Comment