Thursday 15 February 2018

Alternative Uses for Rhinestone Function in Designer Edition Software - Part 1



Hello, hello Karen here with an idea on using the rhinestone feature which is available in the Designer edition software.

I don't know about you but I have only made two or three things with rhinestones on so this little feature was mainly redundant.  I got to thinking and then got to playing as I thought that surely there must be something else that this function could be used for and I wondered if it could be used to drill holes for stitching and the answer is YES!


  • Select the design you want to make into a stitch design.  I chose a phrase to make a large scrapbook page title and made it 11 ins tall and 9.5 ins wide. 

  • The next step was to use the rhinestone feature to convert the lines into holes.

  • Then, I chose the effect which just outlines a shape, changed the size to 4 and the spacing to 0.05in.

  • You may have to 'tweek' the design a bit as some of the holes are too close together and some are too far apart.  You can do this by using the 'Release Rhinestones' button and moving them into the desired place as I have with my final design. 

As you can see I have also added a date, which I used a sketch pen to write.


So after a six hour marathon sewing session my page was ready to add my photo and embellishments.



Why don't you pop back on Saturday for Part 2 of Alternative Uses for Rhinestone Function.

My Blog







1 comment: