Sunday 18 February 2018

Sundays with Steph - It's all needles and pins (pens)!

Hello - and welcome to this weeks blog post!

So I've been using the regular cutting facility for a few weeks now and getting on quite well - with a little help from my friends (I'm sure that there is a song about that 😜) so I decided to try something new - pens!!!

So first things first break out the new set of glitter pens https://graphtecgb.co.uk/product/silhouette-sketch-pens-4-pen-pack/ I used the black one loaded it into my machine with some smooth white paper then I got busy choosing which design I was going to draw out.  I went for this one in the end https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/234160

I centred the design,



then ungrouped it to remove the arrows


I then sent this to my cameo to draw the image.

So just a word of warning try not to be a clever so and so (like me) and think that just because the Cameo has a spare holder, the pen automatically goes in there - it doesn't 😂 my lovely drawn design was now being cut - arghhhh!!

So remove the blade and replace with the pen - ta da!!















Sooooo that was ok, not too many mistakes and that started me thinking.....maybe I'd try something a little different.  I'd heard that people use their machines to puncture holes in so that they can sew the designs on to paper and what do you know, they were right!!  On the top left hand side of your design page you can alter the cut line to dashes (third one down) and it cuts tiny little slots in your paper that you can sew through. Genius!!

And here is the beginning of my sewing adventure :)

I'm off to a crop this weekend so I hope to update this before it goes live with the finished article - or if not it may be on Sunday afternoon!

Best wishes and happy scrapping

Steph x 

The finished article :-) Quite impressive x














No comments:

Post a Comment