Sunday 4 March 2018

Sunday's with Steph - Water colour birthday card

Hello and a very warm welcome (that is if the snow hasn't got to you) to this weeks Sunday's with Steph Blog post!

So this week is my besties birthday.  She turned 29 (ish, ish, ish) on 1st of March and as we are celebrating 37 years of friendship this year (hmmmmmm ↑↑↑???) I thought it's my duty to make her a beautiful card using my awesome Cameo Silhouette machine that loves me!!

So I chose a design https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/195322 a lovely lace birthday theme card and sent it to cut. It made all the usual noises sending the little red mark on the blade round and started cutting (I was using smooth card stock) I was watching it cut and it didn't look like it was cutting deep enough even though I had seen the red mark go round but when I looked at it again it had stopped on 0.  When it had finished the job it had left a deep enough cut to deeply score the paper but not enough to have a cut file :(

I unloaded the paper and reloaded it but before I sent it to print again I manually adjusted the blade (be soooooo super careful if you decide to do this as that blade is so super sharp!!!!) This time it cut through enough but I think the card was not thick enough to take four passes and the quality wasn't there. So being the lovely patient person I am (ha ha yeah sure) I peeled the paper off of the mat (I did not strop, or moan about this whatsoever 😬😬😬) I then decided to reload my mat with thicker textured card but before I sent it to cut I switched the whole thing off and unplugged it leaving it to reset the blade itself before switching it all back on and sending it to cut. 



Hey presto, a beautiful cut file card - yippee!  I decided to try painting the background with some water colours so I tested some on the card to see how it sat.  I was pleased with the results and decided to go with the pinky spectrum of colours.  Once the card was dry it was easy to assemble (I used glossy accents to stick it with) and I was really pleased with my end results as was my bestie Shelley!!


Signing off for now - be sure to check in next week as I am making something for the home!

Happy scrapping beautiful people...

Love 

Steph x 




 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card, I am glad your Bestie loved it. The watercolour background is very pretty. xxx

    ReplyDelete