Thursday 1 March 2018

What I love about you...layout featuring a reshaped cutfile

Hi everyone today I am sharing a layout that I have made in one of my favourite colour combinations...

One of my favourite designers is Paige Taylor Evans...I love her paper collections and her cutfiles.  All her cutfiles are available here in the Silhouette Design Store ... I have quite a few in my library and she regularly brings out more.

I spotted this beauty...

Hearts Wreath

I decided to try altering the shape when I opened the file in the Silhouette Studio software. I simply clicked on the shape and rather than enlarging or decreasing the size I just changed it to a more circular shape.


I was inspired by an online challenge to use washi tape so I filled the centre with strips of washi tape to from a pattern and backed the heart shapes with textured red cardstock.



I raised the hearts for added interest and some teal sparkly paint on the back groud, then added embellishments and journalling around the photo


Another layout for my holiday album completed!

Thanks for joining me today and I hope I will see you again soon

Ruth xxx

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Ruth, the Hearts Wreath is really beautiful, I'd love to be able to do this sort of design, hopefully I will get there one day soon, keep up the good work. Theresia.




    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ruth, the Hearts Wreath is really beautiful, I'd love to be able to do this sort of design, hopefully I will get there one day soon, keep up the good work. Theresia.




    ReplyDelete